Projects in the works

Information on things going on with the game that are Updates
Nitemare

Projects in the works

Postby Nitemare » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I wanted to give a post of the projected goals for the upcoming months. I don't have all of the details yet, but I intend to fill them in when I have them. At the current rate we are going, we're going to be looking at a lot of big improvements in the next 2 months alone, followed by pumping out a pile of content once the major issues are resolved.

Our current task list includes:

[list][*]New Server - I am hoping to have this done by END OF WEEK. I'm scrambling right now to find a new system (the dev one is nice, but I can do better), the new system will include A WORKING configuration and a new OS (centos -> debian) and software versions (phpfpm -> php7), which should improve overall playability and reduce lag and other issues in the game related to SQL read/write times.

[*]Battle Rewrite - It's very apparent that the old system isn't going to fly. I have 2 people working out the math and code for a new system that should help make sense of stats that are being ignored. First off, we're attempting to recover the use of Defence. It's been a moot stat for a while and we're hoping to integrate it back into gameplay. I've checked the progress so far and we're hoping to have a test-able version available in April. After rigorous testing and tweaking we will implement it into the game.

[*]Token Purchases: In-game - This is something I've seen a lot of players misconstrue. We are not becoming a Pay2Play community. I did disable platinum for token purchases TEMPORARILY to allow me some time to rethink the economy and how we can be relevant TO OTHER GAMES OF THIS NATURE. I am not trying to steal money, nor am I acting out of nefarious intent. I honestly just want to find a balance to keep us in competition with other games. I already have a system in mind and I am adamantly awaiting the code to be implemented. Again, these things take time and I promise you I will make it up to you in the future with new events, etc! More info to come on this!

[*]Promos - These are crap, plain and simple. I'm intending on rewriting at least 4 new rotating promos that provide players with more incentive to play. These are definitely a high priority, but will be handled after a lot of the major kinks are worked out. I have some janky promo's that I can run for now, but they may just be tweaked temporarily before actually being rewritten.

[*]New Areas - This is something that requires the battle rewrite to be finished. Once it is, I intend on creating quick-to-create templates for areas. This means content will be readily available at the push of a namingschemecontest. I mean, button. The idea is to ensure you never run out of stuff to do, while we implement new features that add to the game aside from just having a way to advance. Ideally, we will be at 30 area's by the end of April, but May is not out of the question for that to be completed.

[*]New orbs? pets? etc, etc? - Okay, to prevent me sitting here all night, I will end it with this: We have so many ideas flowing, so many possible updates that are being worked out, and so much drive and focus on the admin side of things, it's unbelievable. I've never seen our development community thrive like this. I think we're really on to something good here and I hope you'll stick around to see it come to fruition![/list]

Thanks, Lyrania.
-Nitemare, the guy who is the Queen but is still a guy and also has cool hair.
Last edited by Nitemare on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keith

Re: Projects in the works

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:24 pm

Ice Cream Tuesdays. :)
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Return to “Updates”